You’re probably thinking how do I use this darn thing? Well, it’s pretty straight forward.
- Enter the ISBN for your book. Not the ASIN from Amazon or the BN ID. This is a number books are assigned from a company called Bowker.This is a 13 digit number that sometimes has dashes. Books are assigned ISBNs for various formats like print, eBook, and audiobook.
- Select which book stores where your book will be available. Click the checkboxes. Note: Some retailers are eBook only so if you have a print ISBN your book won’t shop up there. Not all retailers are listed because I can only list websites that make it easy to generate links.
- Do you want the ISBN-13 and ISBN-10 values to show up above your links? Select “Show ISBN Above Links.”
- Do you want your links to open in a new browser window? Select “Open In a New Window..”
- Select a link separator type. What do you want to go between the links? i.e. Amazon | iBooks or maybe Amazon · iBooks
- Advanced Option: For those who are savvy with HTML and want the ultimate control over presentation, I altered the code to produced the output within an unorderlist. It is optional. If this made no sense to you, then carry on. (These aren’t the droids you’re looking for…)
- Amazon and IndieBound Affiliates. If you have an affiliate number for either of these companies, just add in the values and it will be automatically inserted into your link.